Effective structured finance representation involves more than just efficient transaction execution. An effective structured finance lawyer must understand how each transaction fits the client’s overall business objectives. While rooted in the fundamentals of traditional structured finance, securitization, capital markets, real estate finance, tax planning and bankruptcy practices, our structured finance practice is distinguished by a long history of innovative and creative transactions designed to achieve our clients’ objectives.
Our group of more than 40 full-time structured finance lawyers draws on our extensive experience with securitization and other finance transactions involving a wide range of asset classes. We collaborate effectively with colleagues in our regulatory, real estate, tax, banking and finance, energy, infrastructure, private equity and bankruptcy practice groups to solve diverse problems and to efficiently staff transactions. We pride ourselves on bringing the right deal team to each matter.
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP is a long-standing market leader in structured finance and securitization. Over the past 30 years, we have represented issuers, underwriters, trustees, servicers, originators, lenders, investors, insurance companies and derivatives providers in structured finance transactions totaling hundreds of billions of dollars.
Creative, flexible transactions
We earn top rankings from clients, peers and media and are recognized, particularly, for our facility in handling innovative transactions. We consider each new matter with a seasoned perspective and an open mind, working with our client to structure and execute the transaction in a manner that best achieves the client’s objectives. Our experience includes:
- Asset-Backed Securities (ABS)
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Consumer Finance Regulatory and Litigation
- Credit Risk Transfer
- Derivatives and Structured Products
- Direct Lending Vehicles
- Energy Finance and Securitization
- Marketplace Lending and FinTech
- Mortgage Loan Servicing and Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) Acquisitions
- Public Utility Securitization
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS)
- Reverse Mortgage/HECM Financing and Securitization
- Servicer Advance and Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) Financing and Securitization
- Single Family Rental (SFR) Financing and Securitization
- Warehouse and Structured Lending, Gestation Finance and Early Buyout (EBO) Facilities
- Whole Loan Trading