Andrew’s practice focuses on employment litigation, employment advice, and counseling.
Andrew is an associate on the labor and employment team. He has represented employers in state and federal courts and in administrative investigations. Andrew has litigated single- and multi-plaintiff cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations. He has advised employers on a variety of matters, including company policies and handbooks, discipline and termination decisions, hiring practices, and workplace health and safety issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew served as an extern for the Honorable Dale S. Fischer, district court judge for the Central District of California. In law school, Andrew was a teaching fellow in the Legal Writing and Advocacy Program.
- Defended employers in various single-plaintiff cases involving alleged violations of meal and rest break, overtime, minimum wage, and expense reimbursement laws.
- Defended employers in actions involving claims for breach of contract, harassment, discrimination, failure to accommodate, Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) retaliation, and whistleblower retaliation.
- Successfully represented numerous employers in investigations by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of California casino of claims arising out of protected speech.
- Obtained default judgment for skilled nursing facility in wrongful termination action.
- Represented employers in cases involving alleged violations of the Private Attorney General Act of 2004.