With over 25 years of experience, Randy is a broadly experienced transactional lawyer known for his ability to creatively and collaboratively solve client business problems for clients in a wide range of industries.
Randy has negotiated and documented dozens of large-scale, complex commercial and technology transactions worth billions of dollars for multinational companies, including retailers, manufacturers, licensors, and consumer products companies. Named among the nation’s leading outsourcing lawyers in Chambers USA and Legal 500 United States, Randy has been consistently recognized for his work on information technology, corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. According to Chambers USA, 2016, clients say he “brings a lot of business savvy and experience” and is “that great mix of ‘business’ and ‘legal’ [that] all parties can relate to.”
Randy is co-chair of the firm’s corporate team, chair of the global technology and outsourcing practice group, and co-chair of its retail and consumer products industry practice group. His practice focuses on complex commercial transactions, particularly business process and information technology outsourcing, e-commerce, licensing, systems acquisition, development and integration agreements, manufacturing, supply, distribution, and complex services agreements and multicountry joint ventures.
Randy’s experience also includes public and private securities offerings and corporate disclosure under the 1933 and 1934 Acts, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and a broad range of corporate counseling.
- Advises on complex global joint ventures and product/technology/service development agreements.
- Advised on multiple digital transformation projects, including artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, cloud/on-premises software implementations, and complex data protection and profit-sharing elements.
- Advised on multiple ITO and ADM outsourcings for global consumer products and services companies, retailers, defense contractors, insurers and health care firms.
- Represented leading consumer products makers, retailers and consumer and B2B service companies in multiple business process outsourcings, including distribution, fulfillment, HR, fleet, facilities management, contact center, F&A, web hosting, e-commerce and others.
- Advised on multifunction outsourcings (including IT, HR, F&A, CRM, facilities, procurement and others) for multiple fortune 500 utilities.
- Represented retailers, manufacturers, and consumer products companies in multiple ERP implementations, including SAP, IBM, Salesforce, Microsoft, and many other products.
- Led negotiations to restructure or terminate multiple large-scale ITO and BPO transactions.
- Led representations of issuers and underwriters of equity and debt securities with a total value of billions of dollars.
- Structured and managed innovative, highly efficient, low-cost delivery teams for large portfolios of routine contracting matters.
- Advised public and private buyers and sellers in numerous global acquisitions and divestitures, including representations of special committees.