Charlie represents clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, other strategic transactions and general corporate matters. He also advises public companies on corporate governance policies and practices and related securities law issues.
Charlie works closely with clients to help them evaluate, plan and execute their significant transactions. This includes coordinating due diligence efforts among the business team, in-house legal team and lawyers from the firm’s other practice groups; negotiating acquisition and ancillary agreements to address the unique issues affecting a particular deal; and helping to guide transactions from signing to closing as quickly and efficiently as possible. Charlie also counsels clients on post-closing issues, including indemnification claims and the integration of newly-acquired companies’ operations.
Before practicing law, Charlie was a member of the investment team of a fund of hedge funds. He was involved in all facets of investment and operational due diligence, focusing primarily on funds with Global Macro/CTA and Relative Value investment strategies.
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in its cash/stock merger into another publicly traded bank holding company.
- Represented a multi-brand restaurant operator in its acquisition of a Texas-based restaurant chain with over 160 locations across 28 states.
- Represented a leading global food company in its acquisition of an integrated pork products manufacturing business, including farms and processing facilities.
- Represented a custodian appointed by the Delaware Court of Chancery in the sale of a manufacturer, packager and distributor of oils, shortenings, mayonnaise and dressings.
- Represented one of the world’s largest chocolate manufacturers in its acquisition of a chocolate brand.