Rob’s practice focuses on capital markets and related corporate and securities matters, with a focus on publicly traded REITs.
Rob has almost 18 years of experience in advising clients on a broad range of capital markets, securities, governance and compliance matters. Rob has represented both issuers and underwriters in numerous capital markets transactions, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, 144A offerings and smaller private placements. In particular, Rob concentrates on both publicly traded and private real estate investment trusts (REITs), and is the lead partner on a number of engagements for publicly traded REITs. He has also represented numerous other public companies in various securities and SEC related matters.
- Since 2017, has been company counsel in almost 20 separate public securities offerings for combined gross proceeds of approximately $6.5 billion, making him a highly active issuer-side REIT capital markets lawyer during that period.
- Represents some of the largest public mortgage REITs (including the largest U.S. publicly-traded mortgage REIT), as well as small-cap REITs.
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for the then largest ever non-rated public offering of preferred stock.
- Has represented various types of REITs, including mortgage, office, data center, self-storage and retail.
- Has represented funds in private investments in equity REITs, including office and industrial assets.
- Advises boards of directors and related board committees on various corporate matters, including audit and compensation committees.
- Recently acted as company counsel in multiple private tender offers for high-yield bonds.
- Has represented many additional public companies on capital markets and various federal securities matters, including:
- Ongoing public offering of debt securities by a solar company issued directly pursuant to a web-based platform;
- Financial restatements in various industries, including governance, disclosure obligations, exchange requirements, and SEC accounting literature;
- Matters related to internal and external investigations; and
- M&A transactions, including public company cash mergers and two-step tender offers, and private asset sales.