As an associate in the firm’s labor and employment group, Lukas assists clients in employment litigation and general compliance matters.
Lukas focuses on litigation matters involving employment discrimination and the employer/employee covenant relationship. Lukas also helps employers comply with anti-discrimination laws by advising on employee termination and consultation procedures. Lukas’ traditional labor experience includes representing clients through arbitration, union negotiations and matters before the NLRB. In addition, he is involved in the firm’s pro bono efforts.
- Advises employers regarding charges of discrimination and harassment, including defense against such allegations.
- Advises clients on compliance with employment and anti-discrimination laws.
- Defends employers in race, retaliation, and wage and hour matters.
- Defends employers from premises liability and lawsuits alleging negligence.
- Prepares presentation materials to apprise clients of impactful changes in employment law.
- Assists employers with enforcing employment, non-compete, and severance agreements.
- Represent telecom company in arbitration against local union representation regarding allegations involving company management.
- Represented telecom company in arbitration regarding allegations of short-term disability claims.
- Represented energy company in Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals petition for review regarding NLRB allegations.
- Assisted energy company with National Labor Relations Board RC Petition regarding union representation of employees at two distribution facilities.
- Assisted energy company with National Labor Relations Board regarding allegations the company restrained and coercion of employees.