Dan’s practice focuses on the development, construction, financing, transfer and leasing of commercial real estate assets.
Dan’s practice focuses on commercial real estate and those clients and industries for whom real estate is a key asset to be developed, acquired, conveyed, leveraged or otherwise utilized as either the backbone or a necessary component of achieving a desired business model. Dan has extensive experience managing the real estate needs of our clients across the country and around the globe, whether they be corporate owners in need of new manufacturing facilities or headquarters, hospital systems in need of new bed towers or medical office buildings, REITs in need of new capital for growth, natural resource companies in need of additional reserves, or companies that simply need assistance in managing their own internal real estate portfolios.
Dan serves on the firm’s Opinions Committee, providing guidance in connection with opinion and audit letters issued on behalf of the firm's clients. Also, prior to joining the firm, Dan’s practice included specialized litigation involving land use, construction and other real estate-related matters. He is admitted to practice before the US Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the US District Courts for the Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania.
- Commercial Real Estate: Assists in the management of internal real estate portfolios for clients in the manufacturing, hospitality, financial services, natural resource and health care sectors, executing the clients’ growth or contraction models, as the case may be, and advising on the development, leasing, and acquisition and disposition of real estate assets, often on a national footprint.
- Commercial Real Estate: Represents publicly and privately held companies in the relocation, acquisition and development of corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities, including the negotiation of state and local incentive packages related to the relocation, development and associated jobs creation.
- Renewable Energy: Regularly advises developers, owners and lenders alike in connection with the development and financing of solar (rooftop and ground mounted applications), wind, biomass, geothermal, and waste-to-energy projects.
- Natural Resources: Negotiates leases and other instruments related to the extraction of coal, coalbed methane, oil, natural gas, uranium, aggregates and other construction materials.
- Health Care: Represents hospital systems and universities in the acquisition, development, construction and leasing of hospital facilities, bed towers, and medical office buildings.