Our Bangkok office is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the position of Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for carrying out administrative services and providing support to associates, partners, and our business development team on a wide variety of tasks. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and is interested in gaining deep experience in a wide range of international business sectors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assists the legal team in preparation and proofreading of a wide variety of documentation, including legal due diligence reports, contracts and memoranda to be issued to clients.
- Takes an active role in coordinating the legal team’s efforts with respect to matters including due diligence report preparation and transaction closings.
- Assists in the tracking of document deliverables pursuant to complex legal transactions and maintains an orderly filing of documents on the firm’s servers and other filing systems.
- Coordinates with lawyers and the business development team to prepare marketing materials, fee proposals and engagement letters.
- Under the direction of lawyers, corresponds with local legal counsel in various jurisdictions to cooperate and achieve efficiency in serving clients.
- Assists the business development team with routine updates to the firm database of transaction descriptions to be used in marketing materials.
- Native English-language speaker.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years’ experience in editing, proofreading or related functions; prior law firm or energy business experience strongly preferred but not a must.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must exercise initiative in problem solving and be capable of making sound decisions in the absence of clear instructions and be multiple task oriented.
- Ability to work under high pressure and maintain flexibility regarding work assignments; Flexibility to work overtime on short notice required.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate leadership skills and sensitivity in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- High level of organization and commitment.
If you have questions about this position or the application process, please contact Suvimol Sae-Eaib, Office/HR Administrator, for the Bangkok office.