With 1,000 lawyers in the United States, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP serves clients across a broad range of complex transactional, litigation and regulatory matters. We are known for our strength in the mergers & acquisition, banking & finance, financial services, real estate, and retail and consumer products industries, as well as our considerable experience in more than 100 distinct areas of practice, including privacy and cybersecurity, intellectual property, and environment.
Our Bangkok Corporate Team is seeking to hire a Lawyers’ Assistant (or junior lawyer) to support our increasingly expanding Bangkok-based Asia practice.
Candidates must demonstrate initiative, self-discipline and potential for practice leadership, and have the maturity, judgment and confidence to take on increasingly difficult assignments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This position is mainly responsible for the following activities:
- Assist the legal team in preparation of a wide variety of documentation, including legal due diligence reports, contracts and memoranda.
- Conduct legal research on various topics and issues.
- Prepare and register legal documents and necessary registrations with the governmental authorities, and liaise with the governmental officials.
- Take an active role in coordinating the legal team’s efforts with respect to Thai and cross-border transactions, including due diligence, contract drafting and transaction closings.
- Assist in the tracking of document deliverables pursuant to complex legal transactions and maintain an orderly filing of documents on the firm’s servers and other filing systems.
- Bachelor of laws degree with exceptional academic records from a respected Thai university.
- At least 1 year of experience preferably in an international law firm or the in-house department of an international corporation would be a plus, but not required.
- Thai lawyer’s license and Thai bar memberships would be a plus, but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Team player, ability to work under pressure, and motivation to take on increasingly challenging assignments.
- Ability to work efficiently, demonstrate leadership skills, and sensitivity in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and commitment.
To apply to this position, please email Suvimol Sae-Eaib at Suvimol@HuntonAK.com